Before you start to download, please go to https://www.dropbox.com/downloading , download and install. You will now be able to download the Paper 1 study material.
When successful downloading please check the following:
Install Paper 1 Material
- Download the Installer file from the website
- Double click of the Installer and allow it to install the information on your computer
- When done, the Installer will create an Icon on your desktop that reads 'Rock Mechanics Theory', use this icon to open the document. You do not need to open any other files, but work through the links provided in this document.
Links within the document
- When you click on a link that is an attachment, the file will open in a separate document, that can be closed again when done.
- When you click on a link within the document, it will move to the linked page. If you want to return to where you were before you followed the link, click on the small return buttons provided at the top and bottom of each page.
If the material do not open or links to documents and attachments do not work, do the following:
- Make sure you are using the latest acrobat reader (version 9 or later). If not, download and install it.
- Ensure you are not running Fox software to read and edit pdf files, as links will not work in this version of the software. If you have fox installed, change the default reader program for pdf documents from Fox to Acrobat Reader by:
- · Right-click on any pdf document in explorer
- · Select always open with
- · Select change to Acrobat
- Do not move any files from the directories to which the files were installed and do not change any file names, as links will then not work.
If you experience any other problems please report it to SANIRE so that the problems can be solved.