NOMINATION FOR COUNCIL: 2021 – 2023
Dear SANIRE member
We hereby call for nominations to the SANIRE Council for 2021 – 2023.
We are seeking to fill a minimum of 5 vacancies for Council for the two year period 2021 to 2023.
- Any member in good standing may be nominated by filling in the nomination form as per the link below and must be nominated by a minimum of two members to qualify. This will serve as a proposer and seconder nomination as per the constitution.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations that can be submitted for a nominee.
- The following persons do not form part of the selected members for a nominee:
- Paul Couto
- Lizelle Prinsloo
Why is it important to take part in the nomination and election of Council?
- Interest and the development of education in Rock Engineering
- Professional practice and high ethical standards.
- Networking, collaboration, and information exchange
- Research Areas
A person nominated for council must be able to actively promote the South African Engineering profession and be willing to commit to the duties of SANIRE for the next two years or longer. This commitment includes time away from their normal duties and such a member is required to be in good standing of SANIRE. This should be conveyed to the nominee’s employer and the proposer undertakes the responsibility to ensure that the nominee is aware of this.
Nominations are to be completed by following the link below by 16 April 2021.